Royal Roads is committed to protecting your safety and wellbeing.
The rapid testing program is an important part of our continuing work to promote a safe learning and working environment during the pandemic.
COVID-19 rapid testing
Weekly rapid testing is available by appointment to all asymptomatic staff, faculty, associate faculty, RRU students and contractors. This optional testing is available once a week, by appointment, per RRU community member.
We request that those seeking rapid testing on campus be limited to people who are physically working on campus because of limited test supply and appointment times.
COVID-19 rapid testing is not considered a substitute for vaccination. We strongly encourage all eligible students, staff, faculty, associate faculty and contractors to get vaccinated. More information about BC’s immunization program and how to get vaccinated.
You must be asymptomatic to participate
Testing is only for people who are asymptomatic (not experiencing symptoms). If you are feeling unwell, do NOT make an appointment to come in and get tested.
Do not come in for rapid testing or visit campus if you:
- are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms
- have been advised to self-isolate for any reason
How to participate
1. Schedule your appointment
- Schedule your appointment in EMS.
- Choose the “Reservations” tab, then “Book a rapid Covid-19 test”.
2. Take the test
- Complete a self assessment immediately before attending your appointment, and follow directions from that self assessment.
- Wear a mask and arrive on time for your appointment.
- The clinic is located in the medical trailer between Grant and Nixon buildings. View the location on the campus map.
- Bring your RRU ID card or other form of photo ID.
3. Get your results
- Wait for your results in the waiting area
- If you receive a positive result from an on-site rapid test for COVID-19, the Registered Nurse will guide you to other resources and next steps, which will include leaving campus and self-isolation.
Regular clinic hours:
- Monday from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Tuesday from 7 to 11 a.m.
- Wednesday from 7 to 11 a.m.
- Thursday from 7 to 11 a.m.
- Friday from 7 to 11 a.m.
The clinic is located in the medical trailer between Grant and Nixon buildings. View the location on the campus map.
Take home rapid tests
In an effort to provide multiple layers of protection for employees and students performing their daily duties on campus, RRU has a limited supply of free take-home rapid tests available.
They are currently available only to students and program staff participating in or delivering in-person, on-campus programs and services to students.
Asymptomatic student-serving employees and on-campus students can pick up a take-home rapid test kit from RRU Recreation Centre on Tuesdays, Wednesdays or Thursdays from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Students will be required to show their student ID and provide their program information, and employees will also be asked to show photo ID.
Self-test kits for the wider RRU community are not available at this time due to supply chain issues. We will share more information about the wider distribution of take-home kits once the provincial government outlines its rapid test distribution plan.
If you need technical support using EMS, contact Royal Roads IT Customer Service.
If you have questions related to the RRU rapid testing program:
- Students contact Student Services
- Staff and faculty contact Human Resources
- Associate faculty contact the Manager, Faculty Affairs
- Contractors contact Operations & Resilience