The following information is provided to help you prepare for your travel to Canada.
All travellers to Canada must follow COVID-19 vaccination, testing, and quarantine requirements
As of January 15, 2022, all international students 18 years old and older must be fully vaccinated to enter Canada. Read Government of Canada information for international students, including which vaccines are accepted and current travel restrictions.
The Government of Canada has announced that as of April 1, 2022 pre-arrival testing is no longer required for fully vaccinated travellers. Read the Government of Canada information for fully vaccinated travellers for more information.
Before you travel
- Review Canada’s COVID-19 travel requirements and restrictions, to confirm you are eligible to travel at this time.
- Develop a quarantine plan in case you are required to quarantine upon arrival. Review temporary off-campus accommodation information to help you develop your quarantine plan.
- Submit your travel information, proof of vaccination, and quarantine plan to the Government of Canada using the ArriveCAN app, which you can find on the iPhone/App Store or Android/Google Play before departing to Canada.
- Purchase your required health insurance to start on the day you arrive in Canada.
- Gather the immigration and travel documents IRCC recommends you have with you for your travels.
During travel and arrival
- If you develop symptoms of COVID-19 while travelling, you must inform the Canadian Border Services Agency officer when you arrive in Canada. The officer will tell you what to do next.
After you arrive in Canada
- If you are selected for arrival testing, follow the directions provided.If your arrival test is positive, follow all directions for self-isolation and contact the RRU Care Team. If you are required to isolate, stay connected by participating in online events.
- For more information on what to do if you’re sick or test positive for COVID-19, please read prevent the spread.
- Apply for your BC Medical Services Plan (MSP) coverage.
- Register your proof of COVID-19 vaccination to receive a BC COVID-19 vaccine card.
Have questions about travel requirements, creating a quarantine plan, or preparing for arrival? Contact Student Engagement.