Recognizing excellence throughout our community
The Chancellor's Community Recognition Award honours recipients with a significant connection to Royal Roads University.
We are proud to recognize and celebrate individuals and organizations who demonstrate excellence and make outstanding contributions to their communities.
They have addressed community issues and exemplify one or more of the following principles:
- conflict management
Recent recipients include:
- M’akola Housing Society (2019)
- Victoria Women in Need Community Cooperative (2018)
- Wayne Strandlund (2017)
Nominations are accepted any time. We issue an annual call.
Students, faculty, staff, graduates, members of the public or members of the Board of Governors may submit nominations for eligible candidates. Nominators should not be family members of the nominee.
Complete and submit a nomination form with two reference letters.
The Board of Governors periodically reviews nominations and approves candidates to add to the candidate pool. The President selects recipients from the pool for upcoming convocation ceremonies. Approved candidates’ names will be kept on file for two years.
Nominations and discussion about potential candidates is confidential. Candidates will not be informed about their nomination unless they are selected to receive an award.
Canadians and non-Canadians are eligible.
- past recipients of an honorary degree from Royal Roads
- politicians currently in elected office
- normally, active members of faculty, staff and the Board of Governors
- normally not granted in absentia or posthumously (at the Board's discretion)