Get to know your school and learning platforms
When your student account is first activated, you'll join a site called the LaunchPad.
The LaunchPad introduces you to information and skills you'll need to succeed as a student.
It uses Moodle, the same learning platform you'll use throughout your program.
It also gives you an orientation to Royal Roads, so you'll know what to expect and how to succeed.
The orientation includes:
- a student café forum, where you can chat with other new students
- information and videos about what it’s like to be a Royal Roads student
- explanations of the skills and tools you'll need to succeed in your program
LaunchPad Live sessions
After you've reviewed the LaunchPad resources, you can participate in real-time sessions in an online Zoom room.
These interactive sessions let you ask questions, speak with our orientation assistants and meet other new students.
Discussion topics include:
- orientation questions and answers
- student life
- funding your education
- physical health and wellness
- digital literacy
Live sessions take place multiple times each month. Visit the Events page to see when the next one is scheduled.
Visit the Zoom support page for technical help.
Can’t make a LaunchPad Live session? Or still have questions you’d like answered? Contact Student Services.